Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The best swimmer or the right pool?

Below is a blog posted by a well known author and professional coach who has helped many people become more successful through getting more in touch with who they are. He and I are alike in many ways. He sees himself as a disruptor as I do. Based on his other blogs his context is humanism. He has written a book called MOSAIC to help you see what you don;t see and do what seems impossible.



Read this and form your thoughts about it. How does it make you feel? Is it good advice? etc. I have posted my response below.


WHO WERE YOU BEFORE YOU TOLD YOURSELF WHO YOU ARE?

what would life be like if you were to drop all the stories you have told yourself and if you were only to remember one thing. . . .who you are.

there would be no more searching, no more trying, no more effort, no more struggle, no more search for meaning. what if everything was already there. in conversation with my friend, Luke Iorio he shared with me his idea for writing a book on this beautiful concept.

in the MOSIAC, i only wish that you would be able to meet the TrashMan, for he is the one who removes everything that no longer belongs. who would you be if everything that no longer belonged were gone?

this is the MOSAIC. connect to what is, let go of everything that is not.


My response ....
Now here is a disruptive thought - I was discussing a similar idea as this blog with a friend today. He used the analogy of becoming a great swimmer. He mentioned that I would need others to help me know the correct stroke and still others to help me get rid of bad habits and destructive thoughts like fear. I was tracking well with the idea of becoming all I was meant to be as a swimmer and then he said, what if you are in the wrong pool? What if there exists a different but even better pool where greatness as a swimmer depended on a whole different set of qualities than what I thought was right in this pool? What if ....

Although much of his personality and logic is very similar to mine, his view of the right pool is different than mine because we have different core assumptions. This is the purpose of b4Worldview. To get people in the right pool rather than helping them swim better in the wrong pool.

This is what changing the narrative means!!     (isn't pondering wonderful :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment