Sunday, March 30, 2014

the benefits of age

as I reflect back over the years, i see the many times that peeps found ways to bring me down, to snare me in their evil ways, to take advantage of my tendencies and weaknesses, to rob me of joy and to destroy me.

"The evil one roams around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may destroy"

"The thief does not come but to steal, kill, and destroy."


At the time, being caught in Satan's snares seemed demoralizing and cause for crawling into my hole to protect myself from the world's judgment. The most prevalent of all human drives is to exchange with the world one's behavior, which gains us acceptance by the world.

Yet, i am told that "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" and that "all things work together for good for those who are called according to His purposes."

The sin in our lives is not the mistakes we make by momentary lapses in faith, but rather to protect the legitimacy of the world's opinion of us by NOT acting in faith because we don't fundamentally trust the promises, privileges, and provisions of Grace. Unfortunately, this is true not only with individuals, but also institutions. The desire to "protect reputation" and be socially accepted can often lead to losing one's missional focus.

While I regret my mistakes, I personally have been one who would rather make errors of commission than errors of omission. But hey, that's just my perspective on being a Kingdom dweller, looking back with more of my earthly life behind me than in front of me.

What will be your perspective in your old age??   something to ponder .....

There are many facets of our human nature that rob us of the joy, significance, freedom, and hope - read about them in

No comments:

Post a Comment