Thursday, April 19, 2012

SONrise

The sun shining through the fog and haze around Glassy Mountain was spectacular this morning. Somehow the brightness of the sun is even more beautiful when it is in contrast to darkness.

Such is my life, there seems to be many more headwinds than tailwinds. Other peeps don't notice us like we wish, peeps we trust betray us, we are not as rich, smart, good looking, good at golf, skinny or strong, etc. as we want. Things break, loved ones disappoint, we grow old, and on and on.

Yet, for some reason the really beautiful moments are when the SON shines His grace on me through the circumstances that make life foggy or even dark. My soul has the same response of delight that I had emotionally seeing the sun through the fog on the mountain when I know Jesus is delighting in me, regardless and in spite of my circumstances and the fallen world around me.

Something I pondered today ....

No comments:

Post a Comment