Monday, November 4, 2013

"weak and worthless elementary principles of this world"

I have definitely entered the fourth quarter of life and feel compelled to be the most strategic that i can be. I have raised kids, been a business professional, and engaged bible study for much of my life. In the more recent years I took the path of academia to develop a more disciplined way to think about human behavior and to teach it to college students. I believe I am at the pinnacle of my life's journey in understanding the tension involved in being in this world but not of the world.

I have seen evidence all along life's journey that what God has put in me has power to transform lives. I find I am more capable and passionate to help others move beyond the "weak and worthless elementary principles of this world" (Galatians 4: 9) to a life model that is strategic and nourishes the soul's well-being. To be faithful to my calling I have found closure to my full time faculty position that was extremely rewarding and productive to develop a full time ministry that broadens the network of people's lives I can intersect with the message God has given me to profess.

In the months ahead I will provide details of the form this ministry will take. I do know the theme will be applying the Kingdom mind to make sense of personal and professional headwinds through teaching and coaching. Making sense of our life and the world around us through the lenses of Grace rather than our human nature (social exchange and obsession with justice) is transformational. More over, a transformed life is the greatest witness of the hope that is in us.

Everyday I think about the bondage that people live in because they are slaves of "the weak and worthless elementary principles of this world." Most of my life has prepared me for this moment. I have done some things right and I have made many mistakes. God has redeemed all of this to bring me to the fourth quarter.

If you have enjoyed and been blessed by my blogs, I think you'll find the next step to be quite exciting. Stay tuned - more to follow :-)

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to what your new calling is and where it will take you. The world surely needs the light of the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete