Monday, September 26, 2011

"Christ in me, the hope of Glory"

"she captured my heart and hearts became braided, then she trivialized me, demonized me, threatened me, and finally betrayed me, This was a devastating human experience, BUT I still love her because God gave me His love (agape) to give her and it has NO conditions."   @akw




Over the years I have heard many stories like this person's story. It is not uncommon. It illustrates the contrasts of minds (carnal vs Kingdom). Whether the "she" in this story is a person (woman or man) or something else we give our affections to (possessions, job, achievement, pleasure. etc.), the carnal mind seeks to exchange our affections for something that gives us significance (glory), BUT when our expectations are no longer met, we are highly disappointed, if not devastated and our well being is diminished.

Yet the Kingdom mind flows from grace where we trust that our significance comes only from the life we receive from Jesus, not what we can extract from the world's system. Further, the second part of this story illustrates that we don't even have any love of our own to give another person for "we love because God first loved us" (I John). Any agape love we have for another was first given to us to give to the other person, so what the other person does with it is not the issue for us. Its God's business.

My Kingdom mind tells me
"my life is not my own, it's been bought with a price .... it is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me."

The only assurance (hope) of our significance (glory) is that I have His!!!   I ponder this a lot, BUT ....
(oh, how that carnal mind is a menace!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment